How to complain about social care

Social care services provide support to people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and physical illnesses.

Firstly, speak to a member of staff involved with the care

It is best to first speak with a member of staff involved with the care.

This means that concerns you have may be sorted quickly and easily.

If you find that staff cannot help you, or you are not comfortable speaking with them you may want to make a formal complaint.

For council-funded care, speak to your local council

If the care received is funded by the Council, you should contact Norfolk County Council by:

Phone: 0344 800 8020

Click here for online form to make a complaint

For self-funded care, speak to the care provider

If the care received is self-funded then you should complain directly to the care provider.

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman are the final stage of unresolved complaints about social care including residential care. Only contact them once you have received your final response to your formal complaint.

You can contact them via:

Phone – 0300 061 0614

Online – Click here for information on how to make a complaint

Concerned about someone's safety?

In an emergency, call 999.

If you or someone you know is being abused or may be at risk of any form of mistreatment or neglect, then contact Safeguarding at Norfolk County Council.

You can call them on 0344 800 8020 or report it on their website.

You may remain anonymous but please give as much information as possible.

Support for carers?

If you are a carer and would like some extra support, there is an organisation called Carers Matter Norfolk who can help.

You can call them on 0800 083 1148, email them at [email protected] or visit their website here.